OK, I wrote about this without digging deep enough. If you read the original article I claimed that ProRes was clipping my files at 104%. Well it’s NOT. The ProRes files are just fine, BUT some Quick Time applications are clipping the files at playback. In FCP the files are OK. Premiere appears to be reducing the level of the files a little and Quick Time player is clipping the files at approx 104. So this isn’t as big an issue as I thought, but you do need to keep an eye out as to what is happening with highlights and super whites depending on what software you are using. I was wondering why I hadn’t seen this before. In part it because I am no longer using FCP.
- alisterchapman on Welcome.
- Kees Hulsmann on Welcome.
- alisterchapman on Airsoft gas test, green, propane, mapp.
- WolfcommaBarry on Contact Me
- Tim Weston on Airsoft gas test, green, propane, mapp.
4 Responses to Convergent Design Gemini throws up a ProRes Issue. NOT THE PROBLEM I THOUGHT IT IS