While I was in Singapore last week I got to play with a pair of Canon’s XF105’s on a Genus Hurricane 3D rig. We were able to use the programmable axis shift function to compensate for the way the zoom lenses don’t remain centred as you change focal length. Zooming in 3D with two cameras is very hard to do because of this shift, normally requiring very expensive matched lenses. With the 105’s and and a few minutes of adjusting we were able to do synchronised zooms (using the IR remote) that retained very good tracking and accuracy. This really is quite remarkable at this price point!
- alisterchapman on Welcome.
- Kees Hulsmann on Welcome.
- alisterchapman on Airsoft gas test, green, propane, mapp.
- WolfcommaBarry on Contact Me
- Tim Weston on Airsoft gas test, green, propane, mapp.
2 Responses to Canon XF105, using OIS to correct zoom axis shift. (3D applications)