- PMW-F5 and F55 Firmware V1.2 Now Available. Anamorphic, WiFi, Cam and Reel ID and HDCAM SR.
- Shooting Time Lapse using S&Q Motion on the PMW-F5, F55, NEX-FS100 and FS700.
- Shimming Nikon to Canon Lens Adapters. Helps get your zooms to track focus.
- How To Become A Better Camera Operator.
- Shooting in the dark – which gamma curve should I use?
- sampsa on Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q gets much cheaper to own!!!
- earthwhile on Vinten 100 Tripod Review
- alisterchapman on Set of Canon C300 Custom Profiles for Download.
- alisterchapman on Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q gets much cheaper to own!!!
- alisterchapman on Review of the Sony PMW-200
Alister’s Latest TweetsTwitter Authentication data is incomplete
Monthly Archives: December 2011
First let me say that as yet I have not used C-Log in anger, only seen it at a couple of hands on demo events and in downloaded clips. From what I’ve seen C-Log and S-Log are two quite different … Continue reading
An interesting article in the telegraph about the demise of film as a distribution medium in the US, EU and China: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/8975284/Hollywood-says-goodbye-to-celluloid.html
I’d just like to wish all my readers a very happy Christmas. Thanks for the support and kind words I received from many of you over the year. Next year promises to be an exciting one, there will be new … Continue reading
I’m off to Norway to shoot the Northern Lights in a months time. I will be trying to feed near real-time images of the Aurora via this web site. There will be a page dedicated to the project and weather … Continue reading
Once again I’m having server problems. My domains are being moved to a new more powerful server, cos you lot keep reading my stuff I apologise if when you come to look for something you find the site down. Hopefully … Continue reading
I was asked if I could come up with a Log style profile for the sony FS-100. Well here are the settings for a very flat almost log look. Grading will be essential: AC-FS-Log Gamma Cinematone 1 Black Level: -1 … Continue reading
Last night was a big deal. 12 PMW-F3′s shooting the legendary pop band Duran Duran. Back in the 80′s DD were one of the first bands to embrace the video age with ground breaking, big budget films to accompany their … Continue reading
It’s taken me a while to finish this review as I’ve been pretty busy. While preparing it I posted various frame grabs that I pulled from the Samurai and the Gemini on a couple of blogs and forums and these … Continue reading
As you may know I’m preparing a review of the Atamos Samurai as well as the Convergent Design Gemini. Both excellent devices, but suited to different applications. If your wondering why you need an external recorder, below are a couple … Continue reading
I’ve just added integration for the TapaTalk app for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices. It’s a great app for viewing and contributing to online forums. Just download and install the app. You’ll find the forum under the “Entertainment”, “Audio … Continue reading