I’m planning on running a Documentary production workshop and 3D workshop based on a Storm Chasing trip to the USA from the 4th to the 12th of June. The trip would be an excellent chance to really put your documentary skills in to practice and learn more about your cameras and workflow shooting a short film about the violent weather that hits Tornado Alley every spring. We can even shoot in 3D if that’s what people are interested in. I can provide a PMW-F3, lens kit and EX1R, but hopefully you would bring your own cameras and I can teach you how to get the most out of them. depending on the weather each day there would be a classroom session or practical on location session covering everything from sound and interview techniques, to camera setup and shooting tips. Will will do a lot of timelapse, make use of cache record (if you have it) and work in some very challenging lighting situations. Each member of the group will be given different roles to play as part of the “crew” each day so that they may gain a better understanding of the difficulties of each role. At the same time the idea is that each person will also create their own personal short film about our storm chasing adventure. With luck we should see incredible thunderstorms, giant hail and maybe even a tornado or two (I’ve been storm chasing for 12 years, it’s my speciality). The cost for this comprehensive and very exciting workshop will be $1800 USD per person for a place on the course. In addition to that each student will be responsible for their overnight accommodation. Typically we will stay in hotels/motels that cost approx $100 USD per night, so you should budget for approx $800 for accommodation bringing the total to $2600. We will depart from Denver, Colorado so you will have make your own travel arrangements to/from Denver. This will be a real educational adventure. The previous trips I have run to Norway for the Northern lights, Arizona for lightning and Tornado Chasing have been great successes with many people returning for more. We will spend a lot of time on the road, visiting many parts of the Mid-West. It will be fun and you should come away with improved video skills, a great short film, and amazing stories of adventure and excitement. Please use the contact form if your interested. Places are limited.
- PMW-F5 and F55 Firmware V1.2 Now Available. Anamorphic, WiFi, Cam and Reel ID and HDCAM SR.
- Shooting Time Lapse using S&Q Motion on the PMW-F5, F55, NEX-FS100 and FS700.
- Shimming Nikon to Canon Lens Adapters. Helps get your zooms to track focus.
- How To Become A Better Camera Operator.
- Shooting in the dark – which gamma curve should I use?
- sampsa on Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q gets much cheaper to own!!!
- earthwhile on Vinten 100 Tripod Review
- alisterchapman on Set of Canon C300 Custom Profiles for Download.
- alisterchapman on Convergent Design Odyssey 7Q gets much cheaper to own!!!
- alisterchapman on Review of the Sony PMW-200
Alister’s Latest TweetsTwitter Authentication data is incomplete